We recommend at the start of your build to engage in a building inspector who can advise that each stage of the build is carried out completely as each stage has certain criteria’s to be met to be deemed completed before that progress claim can be submitted.
By engaging in a building inspector you are able to gauge a better understanding of what is required at each level of the build, this ensures the builder has carried out all the relevant requirements and prevents them for over quoting on unnecessary work at that stage of the build.
As a building inspector our work carried out at each stage of the build are:
- 1st Stage: Slab Claim – All concretes slab, footings and drains including isolated piers are checked they comply to the BCA and Australian standards.
- 2nd Stage: Brick Claim – All walls are checked they are completed to the right height and dimensions ready for your roof frame. And, comply to the BCA and Australian standards
- 3rd Stage: Roof Cover – All roof cover coverings, flashing and tiles are checked and comply with the Timber Framing Code of Australia.
- 4th Stage: Lock up – Electrical and plumbing pre-lay are completed, wall plaster, ceiling, plaster boarding, windows, glazing, sliding doors and any external doors ensuring the property is secured. And, all comply to the BCA and Australian standards.
- PC1: Practical Completion – Checks made for you to be able to live in the property (Habitable) – this covers hot/cold running water, electricity and sewerage connected appropriately, as well as cooking appliances. The only things should be left is minor maintenance and rectification works to be completed.
Your complete building needs under one roof with over 25 years experience in the building industry, over residential and commercial disciplines. Over 10 years as Site Manager over various building companies, gives me a wealth of experience that I can bring to your building needs. Services that we provide include and are not limited to:
ALL REPORTS COME WITH COLOUR PHOTOGRAPHS
- Progress claims (under construction )
- Practical completion reports
- Defect liability reports
- Pre-start building consultation on new builds, and owner builder’s projects
- Structural report
- Termite inspection
- Pre-purchase report
- Dilapidation reports prior and on completion report