Its true if you have damp and mould in your property you will be more likely to suffer from respiratory problems including allergies, infections, asthma and immune system problems.
How mould and damp can affect your health
- Moulds produce allergens (substances that can cause an allergic reaction), irritants and, sometimes, toxic substances. Inhaling or touching mould spores may cause an allergic reaction, such as sneezing, a runny nose, red eyes and skin rash. Moulds can also cause asthma attacks.
Those more at risk are:
- babies and children
- elderly people
- people with existing skin problems, such as eczema
- people with respiratory problems, such as allergies and asthma
- people with a weakened immune system Damp and Mould are a health hazard to these people.
Thermal imaging for damp diagnosis (Thermal Infrared Imaging Camera)
How we can help
Here at Assess and Construct we can detect where these issues are arising in your property from Rising Damp and carry out a Thermal Camera Inspection. We can then offer you a consultation of how you can help to solve the problem and help prevent any future Damp and Mould from returning.
- Mould on the roof can be due to defects, roof line improperly installed, missing roof tiles, cracking, blocked guttering and leaking pipes are all common problems causing damp.Rising damp (or “salt-damp” as it is often called) occurs on the bases of walls and floors.
What are the Signs of Rising Damp?
. brown staining or crumbled plaster around the floor level
. rotting skirting boards
. black spots of mold
. raised white deposits (salts)
What Causes Rising Damp?
- Rising damp problems often occur because of not having a Damp Proof Course installed or having a Damp Proof Course that is faulty due to age or incorrectly installation. Damp in basements or rain entering due to roof or window frame damage.
Let us help to diagnose your damp issues by obtaining a Thermal Camera Report and a consultation on how we can help you to solve these problems. Call Adam – Assess and Construct 0428465033